Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites


(L-R Dior Amber Diamond, Rimmel Nude Delight)

Is it really August tomorrow? This has been the fastest year ever. Anyway, I haven't done a monthly favourites post in a while so thought I'd share with you some products I've been reaching for this month. Some of them are products I've had for a while and recently rediscovered my love for and a couple are new favourites.

Dior Amber Diamond - The weather had (not anymore) been gorgeous this month so my go to every day look was bronzed and natural and I loved finishing it off with a dusting of Amber Diamond highlighter on my cheekbones and brow bone. I won this highlighter in Emma's blog giveaway last November and it's been a favourite highlighter in my collection ever since. I also love using it in the inner corners of my eye when I'm going on a night out, it looks gorgeous with a gold smoky eye. Also, there is hardly a dent in it, it's lasting me so long so I think it's definitely worth the £32.00 price tag as it's such a gorgeous, luxury product. I really want to get my hands on Rose Diamond as well.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - This is my third tube of the Effaclar Duo but up until recently I had run out and was using an Origins moisturiser instead. While I liked it, I definitely noticed a difference in my skin when I went back to using the Effaclar Duo. I feel like my skin is much clearer and my pores aren't as clogged when I'm using this, so it's here to stay from now on. I got this for £13.00 from Boots.

Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL Volume - I always need at least two cans of Batiste dry shampoo in my drawer as it's one of my favourite hair products. The main reason is because I'm far too lazy to wash my hair all the time but I also love that it gives my hair some extra volume - I even use dry shampoo after I've washed my hair to give it some texture. My favourite one at the moment is the XXL Volume, it's gives my hair amazing volume without back combing as well as refreshing it between washes. I've tried so many dry shampoos but they never work as well for me as Batiste does, it's also one of the cheapest!

Rimmel Nude Delight - I've finally found the perfect nude lipstick for me, yay! Now that I've got a tan and my skins darker some of my nude lipsticks look a bit light on me but Nude Delight is just perfect. It's a bit darker and more brown than my usual nudes but it works well with my skin tone. This is one of the Moisture Renew lipsticks so it's not drying on the lips at all which I love. I've been reaching for this a lot this month whether it be for work or a night out. I really recommend it if you've got slightly darker skin and looking for a nude that doesn't give you the dreaded 'concealer lips' look.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere - As I've ran out of my all time favourite foundation, Armani Lumious Silk I've been reaching for my Perfection Lumiere this month. I bought this a while ago and hardly used it but now I've been wearing it almost every day and I've fell back in love with it. This is one of the highest coverage Chanel foundations and also has more of a matte finish than the rest which has been perfect for the warmer weather (no shiny t-zone). Even though the coverage is medium/high it still gives me a really natural finish. I reviewed this foundation back in March and you can also see me wearing it in this post here.

MAC 217 Brush - I have no idea how I coped before this brush was in my life as this is essential for doing my eye makeup these days, especially to blend out a smoky eye. I like to apply my eye shadow in my crease then use a clean 217 to blend it out for a seamless look. Thank you Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr for telling me I needed this brush in my collection, you were right! I'm thinking of picking up another one so that I have one to apply my eye shadow and a clean one to blend.

So that's all the products I've been loving this month. What are some of your July favourites?


12 comments:

  1. great colour!
    check out my blog , i've recently updated it^^
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh dior amber diamond is stunning! I like the look of nude delight too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dior Amber Diamond looks gorgeous, this isn't going to be good for my bank account at all...
    Fab post lovely!

    Chloe xx
    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many of the same products, love doing monthly faves!

    I'm running a giveaway at the moment,I think you might like some of the products :)

    Alexa

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my MAC 217 brush!! That Chanel foundation sounds really good, I tried a different Chanel foundation a few years ago but the coverage was way too sheer x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow fantastic product with color combination, i like this. Thanks for the sharing this website. we will pass it on to our friends. This is a great reading.
    Skincare Tools

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog Is really helpful, if you could check out mine and give me some feedback that would be great!

    Thanks! http://www.ellelillie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great favourites! Love Dior amber diamond, the mac 217 and La Roche Posay Effaclar duo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love my MAC 217! That Amber Diamond highlighter looks amazing.

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Mac! especially their lipsticks. I hope you can check out my beauty and lifestyle blog too :)

    UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post, so thanks for sharing this Beauty Products with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Managed to find and order Dior Amber Diamond just last week!
    So stoked, been the top of my list for as long as I remember
    Now I don't feel mroe excitement than envy when I read about it on blogs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete