Tuesday 12 March 2013

CK One Pure Color Lipstick in Liplock





CK One Pure Color Lipstick in Liplock - £13.00*

If you read my previous post you'll know that I attend the Debenhams press evening last Wednesday and in our goody bags we got a Calvin Klein product along with other lovely things. The product I received was one of their gorgeous lipsticks that I'd already been eyeing up - Pure Color Lipstick in the shade 500 Liplock. Also if you're a regular reader of my blog you'll know I absolutely love berry coloured lipsticks so I was so excited to try this out.

First of all I absolutely love the monochrome packaging (so this season), it's a bit of a different shape from your usual lipstick but it definitely won me over (kind of reminds of me of a pill?!). I prefer simple makeup packaging like this, it just looks much more sophisticated.

I'd say that Liplock is a dark purple/red colour quite similar to MAC Rebel as I swatched them both together, however Liplock has more of reddish undertone and is slightly darker and Rebel is slightly more pink/purple (does that even make sense?) I found the formula quite moisturising, it didn't dry out my lips and the finish is glossy at the start but eventually dries to a semi-matte finish. The lipstick lasted for around 3/4 hours on my lips before I needed to touch it up which I think is reasonable for a good quality lipstick. 

Overall, I really like the CK One lipsticks (although this shade is probably not necessary in my collection) and may even purchase more shades in the future, I'd like a brighter one for Summer. Have you tried any of these lipsticks? What do you think of Liplock?



14 comments:

  1. very nice colour, suits you very well :)

    sparkleousbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour! Suits you so much. I'm yet to try a CK lipstick x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiul colour on you! I want to try the Eye base in Shell from ck - read that Millie mackintosh MUA uses it on her (such a sucker haha). X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This colour is gorgeous! I want it!!

    Love your blog :)

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really nice on you, I loved the look of their bright pink lipstick "wow" it was lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shade of lipstick, it looks so gorgeous on your skin tone :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like this red its really deep great post x

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice shade! I like simple packaging like this. Sometimes I feel like companies try to compensate for poor products with cute packaging. A nice bright pink like Wow or Wanted would be nice for spring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color looks so nice on you! You're gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter really likes this color,but Ulta no longer has it I can't find it anywhere. What other brand do you recommend that is close to this color.

    ReplyDelete