Friday 7 December 2012

Rimmel Precious Stones: Diamond Dust



Today I decided to play about with my Mum's DSLR she uses for work and also her Christmas decorations (she's definitely going to notice I touched the tree) and do a pretty, Christmassy post.

At Christmas time my favourite nail polish to wear is definitely glitter, its so festive! I have so many glitter nail polishes in my collection but could never seem to find one that was opaque enough to wear on it's own, until I discovered the Rimmel Precious Stones collection.

Precious Stones comes in two colours; Diamond Dust and Ruby Crush. I decided to go for Diamond Dust as I think it would go with more outfits during the party season. Rimmel describes this as a 'high coverage glitter nail polish' and I definitely agree it has high coverage. I only needed two coats for it to become completely opaque - amazing! I usually use glitter polish as a top coat as it takes so many layers to build it up, but this has really surprised me. It dries to a matte finish which doesn't bother me as I always put a shiny top coat over my nail polish anyway.

Precious Stones is a bargain at £3.99 and can be bought in Boots or Superdrug. It's definitely my new favourite glitter polish and I'll be picking up Ruby Crush asap.

Have you tried these nail polishes?

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Been eyeing this up for a while, love glitter nails at Christmas time especially x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so glittery & festive. How come I missed this one, I checked Rimmel counter only yesterday. Looks lovely!

    Sarah
    PrettyGloss - makeup, beauty & a lil gibberish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love that colour, very pretty and definately Christmassy :) And great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have ruby crush its amazing! i have a post on it :) http://anuniventivename.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks gorgeous! I can't believe how opaque it is, I'm definitely going to have to pick this up x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! Need to pick it up ASAP ! Xxx
    Glossyboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww, this nail polish is so gorgeous! I can't believe I haven't seen it in stores before :O

    http://www.prettylittlethings7.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it might be a pain to get off but it's soo gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this look fab! Love it great post and pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! I really want to try ruby crush...I'd dread getting it off though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This nail varnish is amazing! Might have to purchase this.
    Rachael x

    p.s love your blog!

    ReplyDelete