Wednesday 11 July 2012

MAC - Impassioned Dupe: Sleek - Candy Cane




(with flash)

(natural light)

For a while now I've really wanted the MAC Impassioned lipstick, but every time I go to my local counter it's always sold out! 

However, in work the other week my friend Kaitlyn showed me her latest lipstick purchase which looked VERY similar to Impassioned - Sleek True Color Lipstick in Candy Cane. Unfortunately I don't have a swatch of Impassioned to show you how similar they are, but there are a few pictures online.

I had to go to three Superdrugs to find this shade as it was sold out in the first two. I managed to get it in the third and it was the last one!

The shade of this lipstick is a sort of pink/coral, which I love. It has really good pigmentation and a lovely creamy formula that doesn't dry out my lips. When it's first applied it has a lovely sheen to it which does wear off after time, however the colour still stays strong for a couple of hours.


Sleek True Color lipstick is a bargain at £3.99 and can be purchased at Superdrug or online here. I'll definitely be checking out the other colours.

Have you tried any of the Sleek lipsticks?

Melissa
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love this colour, i like the formula of the Sleek lipsticks but havent actually tried very many colours!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definatly works out alot cheaper than the MAC lipsticks too! Bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is very pretty. I have a couple of sleek lipsticks and like them so far!

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I've had my eye on Impassioned for a long time, definitely gonna give this lipstick a try, can't beat a bargain lipstick! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice color, I haven't tried it yet. But it looks great on you!

    Check me out, follow back? My Fashion/DIY/HOW-TO/ADVICE/TIPS & TRICKS MAGAZINE BLOG
    summerxkim.blogspot.com
    xoxo =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah this lipstick looks gorgeous and amazingly similar to impassioned! xx

    http://jsandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete